Security failures get more and more attention in the media because the impact becomes ever bigger. Organizations become more dependent on digital workflows and disruptions to these workflows can cause ever larger losses. These losses can be financial, but also with regards to reputation, customer satisfaction and even safety!
Every organisation that creates software should think about security. Unfortunately, this is often still not the case. Many people think security testing is some kind of wizardry that can only be understood by ‘gurus’. This is not the case.
This training is focused on all members of your development team (testers, developers, but also product owners, business analysts, helpdesk and others). It teaches the basic concepts of security and how prevent security mistakes from being made. It is a highly practical training with examples, exercises and discussions on security aspects with a focus on Web Applications.
You will learn that security is the responsibility of all, permeates to all levels of the software development effort. Many security failures can be prevented with basic security measures that can be implemented with limited technical knowledge.
Who might want to attend this course?
- Familiarity with development or testing concepts.
- Some basic knowledge of networking, programming, HTML, HTTP, SQL.
- Laptop with local administrator rights, to install virtualization software to sample the OWASP top 10.
- Know why security and security testing is important.
- Integrate basic security development practices and tests into the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and test on a basic level the OWASP Top 10.
- Install basic prevention methods for the OWASP top 10.