A practical 1-day course, focusing on the fundamentals of BDD (Behavior Driven Development). Throughout realistic, real life use cases you will become familiar with BDD and concepts like Example Mapping, Three amigos and Ubiquitous Language.
Learn to write “Executable Specifications” using Gherkin to form a bridge between Business and IT to serve both specification and input into automated tests. You will gain useful insights on how to use and build a BDD framework that works for your environment.
The goal is to be able to write business-readable specifications in a domain-specific language that focus on the user’s needs and allow you to describe a system’s behavior without explaining how that behavior needs to be implemented.
BDD engages product teams, business analysts, QA and developers onto the same page and to resolve their differences in points of view. This cooperation between stakeholders ensures that all of them have the same expectations and in-turn results in a good and clear set of Acceptance Criteria.
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Entry level
- 1-day Course
- No experience required
- In-house or on location
- Materials available online
Who might want to attend this course?
- Everybody who’s looking to implement BDD in their environment
- QA – or Test Engineers, with an interest towards BDD & Living Documentation
- (Business) Analysts who want to do things disruptively different
- Managers transforming an organization
- Teams or organizations who want to build awesome, qualitative products in a fast-paced environment
After this course, you’ll know the basics of BDD and be able to write solid and well-structured Gherkin requirements (“Executable Specifications”), leveraging them as Living Documentation.