This training focuses on the concepts, methods, tools and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
Methods described are generally applicable across a variety of software lifecycle approaches (agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
People holding an ISTQB® Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate may use the Certified Tester Advanced Level acronym: CTAL-TAE.
More info can be found on the ISTQB® website.
Who might want to attend this course?
- You are a holder of the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- You have 36 months of experience in testing.
- To contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- To evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- To create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- To design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- To enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- To create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- To manage and optimize test assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.