Test analysts are familiar with the best test methods and tools for test projects. They can schedule tests, analyse and assess the potential risks, conduct usability tests, and record and analyse the results. The internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level – Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) certification attests to your comprehensive knowledge in the field of software testing and your skills as a test analyst.
- Perform test activities appropriate to the software development lifecycle.
- Prioritize the testing activities on the basis of the results of a risk analysis.
- Select and apply the appropriate test techniques and apply tests that provide the necessary confidence, based on the agreed coverage criteria.
- Support the testing activities with appropriate documentation.
- Determine the appropriate form of functional tests to be applied.
- Bear the responsibility for usability testing within project.
- Effectively take part in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, thereby applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in products.
- Define and apply error classifications
- Use tools to support an efficient test process