Test Managers have in-depth knowledge of the test process and structure it for specific life cycle models, such as V-model or Agile.
They can set up, monitor and control a risk-based test project, create a review plan for static testing and manage a defect lifecycle, improve the test process and introduce tool to enhance testing. And finally, they will be able to create optimised test team to execute the tasks of the test plan.
With the internationally recognised ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level – Test Manager (CTAL-TM) certification, you will be able to prove your knowledge, particularly regarding test management aspects.
More info can be found on the ISTQB® website.
Who might want to attend this course?
- You are a holder of the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- You have 18 months of experience in testing.
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization.
- Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies.
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team.
Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected.
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders.
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives.